Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Listening to Songs/Chillin in the Office, Dread/ When Is It Lunch Time- (Haiku Time)

"On the list of things that are not ok, that is REALLY not ok!" - Wilt (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)


Monica and I were kind of bored last week, so we started e-mailing haikus to each other(5-7-5), although we were sitting across from each other.
First we did haikus with no themes at all. It was just us writing to each other.

Steph:

Whoah Nelly, it's hot
I like it burning it up
Mmmmm coffee is good


Nelly of course refers to Nelly's song "Hot in Here". Yes, my epertise are soooo great that I even have great references in my haiku.

As you can probably tell, I spelled expertise wrong, so this is how she responded.

Monica:

Epertise is great...
But you can't really beat this,
Womanizer uh!

Yes that was a burn on your last comment and a reference to the recent pop hit by Britney Spears.

I, of course, had to respond back, so I did 3 in a row.

Steph:

Where have you been, huh
Under a rock in the sea
New release is Circus


Burnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!


Pop music is great
Especially when they fall
On their big butocks

Yes, I spelled buttocks wrong. lol.


Sorry writing ability is not so great right now

Did you know this bit
Keanu Reeves is mad hot
But looks a bit dull


After this, we decided to make rules. We would pick a noun, verb and adjective and compete against each other to see what we would come up with. These limitations made our haikus a bit more interesting. lol.

First: noun- dog Verb- spell Adjective: Sparkly

Steph:

Your dog face is sparkly
It makes me want to pinch it
At least you can spell

Monica:

Glittery butt dog,
Casts sparkly little poo spells,
That don't smell pretty.

Poo reference! Yeah!

Next- Noun: diarrhea Verb: run Adj: long

Steph:

diahrea blues
As it runs its course through me
Oh how long its been

Monica:

Strange mental hiccups,
I have brain diarrhea!
Long running giggles.

Last one: Noun: sex toy Verb: Vibrate (although I kind of used it wrong) Adj: sweaty

Steph:

Sex Toy Wonderland
The store had good vibrations
His sweaty palm, gross

Monica:

Sex toy shopping spree,
Awkward, sweaty transaction
Free to vibrate, Wee!

Now the important question: Who do you think should be considered the winner?

9 comments:

m. said...

Clearly, Monica is the winner.

m. said...

Yeah, she is really good at syllables and spelling and poo references even if her pop culture knowledge is not up to par.

m. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m. said...

Wow! That Monica is SO cool and stuff! I vote for her! ~('c')~

Rouge.Firefly said...

lol. I guess Monica wins. I can't wait to tell Monica how many fans she has on blogger. lol.

Eric said...

I am obligated to vote for monica. But i think anyone who says "Poo spells" in a poem deserves a nobel prize.

Rouge.Firefly said...

Touche

Unknown said...

Oh JET Bored Haikus
Make Me Wanna Sing Along
Sing a Silly Song


Monica for the win!

Rouge.Firefly said...

Good One.

Monica - 2 Stephanie-0
This is not looking good for me at all. lol.