Friday, March 27, 2009

Boys Before Flowers, of course. Is that even a question?


“I’m so busy that I don’t even remember that you didn’t call me for 3 days and 13 hours!” -Goo Jun Pyo




I am a bit addicted to Asian dramas. I feel as if this past year my anime addiction has turned into a tv drama addiction. lol. There always has to be something, right?

Anyway here are two Asian Dramas that I really like.


Hana Yori Dango 花より男子 (Japanese) & Boys Before Flowers 꽃보다 남자 (Korean)

They are 2 versions of the same story. lol.

-Some spoilers


A few months ago my obsession was Hana Yori Dango (Japanese Drama). It's based on the manga series. It's basically about a rich boy (Domyoji) with a power trip who falls for the one girl (Makino) who doesn't let him get his way. The drama series was great and of course how can you not love Oguri Shun, the actor who plays Hanazawa Rui, the love rival and best friend to Domyoji. Oh boy, I wanted him to end up with the girl at the end because he is soooo much cooler. lol. Anyway, I digress.
If you want to check out more information on Hana Yori Dango read on:
Hana Yori Dango has 2 seasons and a movie. The first season has 9 episodes and the second season has 11 episodes. The movie takes places after the 2nd season. For more information on Hana Yori Dango and all of its episodes, you can go to MySoju . You can also watch the first part of the first episode down here, so check it out:










Anyway, my new obsession is Boys before Flowers, which is the Korean version of the same drama. Yup, it's basically the same story, except it's in Korean with Korean actors (obviously) and a bit of changes here and there to the story line. I have to admit though that I was way more into the Japanese version than the Korean version. Maybe it's because I saw that one first.

In the Korean version, the rich boy is called Goo Jun Pyo. The poor girl he becomes interested in is Geum Jan Di and the love rival/ best friend if Yoon Ji Hoo
There is one more episode left and I can't wait to see what happens next. While the "oh-so-beautiful-boy" in the Japanese version was Oguri Shun, in the Korean version it's Lee Min-ho (Goo Jun Pyo).

The Korean version has one season so far with 24 episodes. I'm waiting for the 24th (last) episode right now. For more info and all of the episodes click on MySoju
To check out the first part of the first episode, look below


If you guys haven't watched any of these, you should definitely go watch them. I recommend watching the Japanese version first.

0 comments: