Monday, March 23, 2009

Catching Up!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I have left you hanging. This is what has been happening to me.

A month ago, my bike got stolen. Yup, the bike I bought when I first arrived in Japan. I was eating at the burger place, Mos Burger, and someone took it. That was a bit sad. I had to report it to the police and everything, but of course it was never found. It even had a toy squishy frog thing that my predecessor gave me. He loved that toy. I really haven't had the heart to e-mail him and tell him that it's gone. lol.

Anyway, today I bought a new bike. It's shiny, pink and adorable. You can see it here

Well, in other news. In the first weekend of March, the seniors (third years) graduated. The graduation ceremony was really quiet and there was a lot of bowing. Let me rewind a bit. The graduation took place on a Sunday. However, all of the teachers and students were in school for both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, we had 1st period class and then everyone had a 3 hour cleaning time. Oh dear! I cleaned out my desk and papers. Then, I went to the gym to see some of the kids getting the gym ready for the special day. After that, we all had to attend the graduation rehearsal.
On the actual graduation day, I came to school and the student's were already cleaning again. Geez! Then, the ceremony took place. The third year female teachers and some of the moms were dressed in traditional clothing, which was cool to see.
For lunch, the teachers got a special bento (lunch box). This is what it looked like. That's mushrooms on the left on top of the rice. It was pretty darn good.
Although the seniors graduated early March, the last day of school for the rest of the students is only tomorrow. That means that my last classes for the school year were today. Woohoo!!! The new school year starts in April. Yup, that soon. The teachers also have to come to school everyday anyway. Lame!!!

Another thing I have done was attend mass at a catholic church. Everything was pretty much the same, except it was all in Japanese. The one main difference was that when we offer peace, instead of hugging, kissing on the cheek, or shaking hands, everyone bows at each other. Yup, there is no touching, just bowing.
One older lady came to my side, so that I could share her book and sing along. In the end, she started talking to me in English. I was pretty surprised. Then, she told me that she practices English for an hour every morning because she listens to an English lesson on the radio everyday. Wow! That's pretty cool.

Oh, what else have I been up to? Well I joined a gym. I feel as if ever since I started going to the gym, I have also started eating more. lol. I go about 2 times a week. I should really go more times. I need to lose some pounds for the summer, but I can't really see that happening too soon. Anyway, I had to buy indoor sneakers for the gym. lol. Yup! I was also asked if I had a tattoo, which I don't. Apparently it's prohibited. Anyway I hope that I will get more into the routine of the gym, but I can't see that happening any time soon. I need more will power for the gym. lol.

Last but not least, I joined Twitter today. Here is my Twitter account.

0 comments: