Monday, April 6, 2009

Why Is My Floor Shaking?

On Sunday, I had lunch with Eric and Monica at Starbucks. After that, we went across the street to this cute stationary store that I never even realized was there. I bought a notebook because I couldn't help myself. I'm a notebook buying addict. I also bought a Rilakkuma mechanical pencil because he is so cute. By the way, right before going into the store, I had gone into Lawsons (convenience store) and purchased candy in order to get free Rilakkuma folders. Who doesn't like really cute teddy bears?

After that, I caught the bus to go to church. The Catholic church downtown has an English mass once a month and this mass actually fell on Plam Sunday. It was a bit weird because it was only the priest, me, a British guy and his daughter. Basically, the priest said Stephanie you will do the first reading and Peter you will do the second reading. lol. Yeah we had to do the readings because we were the only 2 there besides the child. lol. I guess it can be considered one of the strangest masses I went to. It was cool though.

At the end, the British guy asked the priest if the English mass is usually so small. The priest said that it usually had like 7 or 8 people. The British guy just came from Fukouka (the main city on this island [Kyushu] ) and he said that the masses there had like 200 people. Whoah!!! By the way, there is a church in my area, but I haven't found it yet. This place is like a maze. I need to go looking for it. :)

After that, I went shopping. I went to the Starbucks downtown to buy a cute mug that I had seen before in my neighborhood Starbucks, but it was now sold out. I was really happy to see the mug in the downtown one, so I bought it. I think that I am making like a collection of Starbucks mugs. I have collected 4 since I have been here. Anyway, then I went to Miyako City (a small mall/bus station near my part of town). There I bought a new handbag, since I needed one for the spring/summer and I bought my mom a birthday present.

I need to send my mom the present along with some t-shirts I ordered from the Victorias Secret website that don't fit me. They're cute and basic, which will be great for her. I also need to send Marcos a magazine from here as his birthday present. lol. I'm on a budget. lol. It's cool though because it has Zac Efron on the cover and inside it has pictures of the new Harry Potter movie. I also need to send out some cards for Easter.

Anyway, let my backtrack back to Sunday. I went a little bit off topic. lol.

When I got back home, I started ironing and watching Slumdog Millionaire, which is a great movie. Suddenly, everything started shaking, so I unplugged the iron and got in between the door. As I was doing this, the shaking stopped. Yes, I experienced my first earthquake. It was like a magnitude 4 earthquake. However, it was only like 30 seconds (it stopped as soon as it started) and Kim and Tatum didn't even know it had happened. Kim was surprised when Asha and I told her about it. Tatum said that she was outside and saw a house shaking but it stopped really fast, so she had thought it was strange at the time but had forgotten all about it.

Anyway, do you guys remember that commercial that I posted the other day about the filled donut holes. It's the commercial where the girl is singing "Angel, Angel" . Well I had to buy it so that Monica, Eric and I could try it. I actually ate one on Friday, but decided to get a box of them, so that they could try it as well.

The donuts come in Strawberry, Custard and Chocolate filling. They are DELICIOUS. I'll post the pictures later on.

2 comments:

Eric said...

You are lucky! Your first earthquake was my first earthquake. I have been here for how long now? I had to wait sooo long to feel one!

Rouge.Firefly said...

Maki told me that it was a long earthquake. I said "Really?". I'm hoping we won't get anything crazier than that. I can deal with that one, but nothing worse than that. It would be too scary and I would panic too much to know what to do next. lol.