Monday, April 6, 2009

Plenty of Sunshine Headed My Way...

I have to admit, my weekend was pretty darn good. Don't be jealous (Diva Snap!).

On Friday night, I finally ate some Korean food. YUMMMMM Korean food. First, Kim, Asha and I went to the new Korean restaurant in the city called Hot Pepper. However, when we opened the door, we realized that it was completely full. We ended up going to the other Korean restaurant close by. The food was delicious, especially the Kimchi Pancake we had. Yummmm, I am drooling just thinking about it. Then, we ended our night at the coffee shop chain, Tullys.

I wanted to go to bed early because I had a Japanese lesson in the morning, but I ended up being on the phone (Skype) with Kim and Asha until 2 AM. There was a reason for this. When Asha arrived home, another ALT called her saying that he was drunk and if he could go over and talk (something like that). I'm not exactly sure what happened, but all I know was that Asha called us because she was a bit afraid. Apparently, this other ALT went to her door in boxers and a t-shirt (he lives in the same apartment building) ringing her door bell non-stop and banging on her door. Asha told him to leave because it was late and he was drunk. He insisted on going in and talking to her,so banged on the door for a bit until he decided to go back home. Asha was both embarrassed because of her neighbors and because the entire episode kind of shook her a bit.

I think that the other ALT didn't understand why Asha and Kim were pissed at him the next day. In his mind, he was just trying to talk to his friend. However, in a girl's POV, it's strange when you tell a guy to leave and he continues to pound on your door and ring your bell. It wasn't cool, but maybe after talking to them, he understands that what he did wasn't right. At least I hope he understands. I think that it was bad judgment on his part, but he should mature and learn from it.

The strange part was that Kim today had a dream that he was doing the same thing to her. lol.

Anyway, on Saturday morning, I had my Japanese lesson (I switched it from Tuesday to Saturday last week). Since it was Saturday morning, I was a little out of it. Then, I got a call from Paul asking if I wanted to do a cosplay thing in the city. I haven't done cosplay in a long time and I kind of don't feel like starting it here. lol. He also asked if I was going to the Pillow Fight. Yes, there was a pillow fight going on in the park that was being done by a group of ALTs, but I was way too lazy to get up and do that. I also wasn't really into it. Could you imagine if my students saw me and took pictures of me? "Mom, look she teaches me English". Yeah, I skipped on that.
I ended up talking to Kim and Asha on Skype for like 3 hours.

Anyway, I ended up going to their side of town in a taxi, which was like 24 bucks and I still got a bit lost. lol. Then we went to dinner at PoPos, where we had awesome taco rice, cesar salad and seafood pasta. After that, we went to karaoke. We did karoke for over 4 hours. lol. At first we ordered a karaoke room for 2 hours, but we ended up extending it because we were having so much fun. We got there at 9:30 PM and ended up only leaving at 2 AM.

Here are some good Artists to Karaoke to:
Ace of Base
Britney Spears
Kelly Clarkson
Destinys Child
Utada
Heart
Bon Jovi
Andrew W K "Kiseki"
Aha "Take On Me"
Barry Manilow and Phil Collins of course
Aqua
Paul Abdul "Straight Up"
Spice Girls
Pat Benatar
Natalie Imbrugalia "Torn"
Disney Songs
Akon
and many, many, many more

Karaoke is hours of fun. :)
Monica would not approve that list. lol.

We then ended up taking taxis home. My taxi driver was kind of confused about where I lived, but he was extrememly genki (hyper), so it was all cool.

My Sunday post will come later with pictures.

Music Listening to AT the Moment: "Say My Name"- Destiny's Child

0 comments: