Monday, January 18, 2010

Disorganized, Busy & Nervous

First published on November 12, 2009.

First, let me begin with the good news. My debate team won 2nd place in the All Miyazaki Prefecture English Debate Competition. My students were a year younger than all of the other teams, but they did well. I was so proud of them. They definitely made me really happy yesterday. The top 2 teams will go to Kumamoto for the Kyushu & Okinawa Debate Competition. I think that the girls are really excited. The chance that they will win is very low. The winners tend to always be from Okinawa because there are so many native English speakers there. However, whatever happens, I think that it will be a good experience for them.

がんばって 南高校!

I would love to join my team, but I have the JLPT (Japanese Level Proficiency Test) the day after.
I can either go to support my team and then take a night bus to the city that I have to take the test at or I don't go, which would allow me to do last minute studying and much needed resting before the test. Hmmm...I have to wait for the letter that tells me where to go for the test because it can be either Oita, Fukuoka, or Kagoshima. Then, I'll figure something out.


Ok, so I mentioned the JLPT. Ahhhh...I think I will fail badly. I've been leaving work late because of debate practice, so I have little to no energy by the time I get home. This has effected my studying. I have to find a way to balance my studying & stay focused while also doing everything else that needs to get done by the end of this month. November is such a hectic time in school.

Oh and have I mentioned that I have an English camp right before the debate competition & JLPT. Oh dear...I can see my bad JLPT scores now. The English camp is on December 3 & 4, the debate competition is on the 5th, and the JLPT is on the 6th. I'm a bit worried.

Next week, I also have the ALT Mid-Year Seminar. This year I have to present. Yesterday I got my topic "classroom management" and I have to present with another ALT who lives pretty far from me. Well, we have about a week to get our ideas in order, create a worksheet & put on a good presentation for the 1st year ALTs. I'm a bit nervous about this as well. The topic is a bit difficult for me and it's always hard to present in front of your peers. Sigh! I'll do my best.

So, anyway...long story short, I'm just a bit stressed lately. I have to calm down, focus and get everything I need to do in order.

Music Listening to at the Moment- G-Dragon (feat. Kush)- "She's Gone"

0 comments: