Monday, August 3, 2009

Donuts Time: Chocolate, Glazed, or Green Tea?

I'm starting to believe that Japanese people can take any food or drink and create a green tea version of that product. Since I've been here, I've had many different green tea flavored products, such as coke, ice cream and now donuts.

Mister Donut , which is similar to Dunkin Donuts back home, is now selling matcha (green tea) flavored donuts. They have a variety of green tea donuts, which are just a spin off of their staple donuts. I have to admit that I was curious, so one day I walked in and ordered one.





The donut was ok. If you like green tea ice cream, than I think that you would definitely like these donuts. Although I do like green tea, I never really love green tea flavored products. I have to admit, I like my donuts much more sugary, glazed or filled with creamy goodness. Yes, I go for the donuts that are definitely high on the "Super Unhealthy: Get Away" meter. If I go back to Mister Donut, I'll most likely go for a regular glazed donut instead of a green tea donut.



Music Listening to At the Moment: "Irvine" by Kelly Clarkson

0 comments: