Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Importance of Teaching Grammar

Quote of the day:

"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking"- Haruki Murakami

Hey Everyone,

I'm an assistant English teacher in Japan and yesterday I actually re-contracted for another year. It was a hard decision to make. I stared at the paper for a long time and I even called home. In the end, I decided to do it. Woohoo!!! I enjoy living and working here, so why not do it for another year, right? However, signing those papers was still a bit nerve wrecking. Sometimes it's hard to live far from my family, but I also really like it here. I can't believe that I have actually done it. Whoah!

I was pretty excited today because I found out that most of my close friends here are either re-contracting for another year or they are staying in the country to do grad school. Yay!


Since, I teach grammar, I thought that this Chelsea Handler clip was both appropriate and awesome. Enjoy!!!

0 comments: